Engineering development services for a 2x1 Siemens SGT6-5000F combined cycle power generating facility in Utah.
Project Management &
PEC can provide a range of contracting options from simple detailed engineering services to a complete Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC).
Activities related to the specification and purchase of balance of plant equipment, development of detailed design drawings, and selection of installation contractors for the completion of the facility.
• Mechanical Package & Interface Integration
• Equipment Procurement Specifications
• Equipment Expediting & Quality Control
• Civil Site Design
• Foundations & Underground Utilities
• Mechanical Layout & Piping
• Electrical Design & Studies
• Controls Integration
• Installation Packages
• Project / Equipment Manuals
• As-Built Design
If the project is proceeding with separate engineering and construction contracts, then typical detailed design activities include the following:
• Detailed general arrangements and site plans
• Preparation of equipment and material specifications and preparation of construction drawings for the following areas:
- Structural steel
- Building rendering
- Construction details for buildings
- Piping, supports, insulation
• Electrical / Instruments & Controls
- Plant auxiliary power system
- Transmission line
- Control system
- Wiring diagrams
- Wiring schematics
As the design proceeds, bid documents are issued, and bids are received. PEC analyzes vendor costs and delivery schedules looking to make sure equipment critical to the project are received in accordance with the project delivery requirements. Should a vendor not be able to meet a critical delivery requirement, PEC will identify alternative vendors and provide expediting activities.
Analysis and forecasting engineering and construction costs and including “budget” versus “actual” costs and analyzing schedule impact of changes in delivery of equipment, construction delays and an important part of the value added services provided by PEC.
Early on in a project PEC provides fatal flaw analysis of possible sites selected for construction of the plant. As part of the site selection process, PEC can provide environmental mitigation designs that can turn a marginal site into an acceptable site, which meets with compliance measures, necessary for regulatory agency approval.